[meteorite-list] Okay, who can identify this?

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 22 21:31:04 2006

this one sure looks like a Wyoming oolitic chert to me. The limey
oolites (calcium carbonate acretions actually) have been completely
replaced by the silica from the rich volcanic ash that fell here. The
material is hard enough to take a fine polish, and cuts tough as well as
hard (hardness 7.5).
Dave F.
PS, I have a cut slice somewhere with 3/8's inch diameter ( around 10 mm
to you scientific minded) oolites in it here, again, hard and very well
silificed.