[meteorite-list] Meridiani Planum

From: Christian Anger <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jan 1 18:37:37 2006

Hi all,

check this link:

http://www.markcarey.com/mars/discuss-23911-high-resolution-color-images-of-
the-iron-meteorite-oppsol-349.html

Cheers,

Christian

IMCA #2673 at www.imca.cc
website: www.austromet.com

Christian Anger
Korngasse 6
2405 Bad Deutsch-Altenburg
AUSTRIA
?
email: christian.anger_at_aon.at

From: meteorite-list-bounces_at_meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces_at_meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Farmer
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 12:25 AM
To: batkol; Meteorite Mailing List
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Meridiani Planum

WOW, now this is good news. I knew they were going to grind it, but never
followed up on it. The first known and named?meteorite sitting on the
surface of another planet! How cool is that?
Man, I hope we can bring it here some day! It should be at the Smithsonian,
what a centerpiece, and iron meteorite collected on Mars.
Mike Farmer
?
On another Mars note, the newest confirmed Martian meteorite is NWA 2975. A
shergottite that is considered to be the freshest hot-desert?find known. The
main mass is sold, only 2.5 grams remain to be sold, and a small piece is in
the Michael Blood auction.
You may see it on display in my room at the?Inn Suites #184 before the new
owner takes possession of it.
?
Mike Farmer