[meteorite-list] Pasamonte stone!

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 2 23:53:30 2006

Well, after 9 years of dealing and collecting meteorites, I have finally
succeeded in getting a complete Pasamonte stone! I recently bought a stone
from a collector, with British Museum label, 39 grams, Nininger #197V
British Museum # 1959-756.
http://www.meteoriteguy.com/collection/pasamonte.htm
Check it out and tell me what you think.
I am stoked about adding this rare little puppy to my "new" collection.

I just finished reading the section in "Find a Falling Star", about the
Pasamonte fall, and I am sitting here with the book, and the story written
50 years ago, and holding one of Nininger's stones! Red it on pages 65-70.
This is what I love about meteorites, reading the history, I can almost see
myself standing there with Nininger, asking so many people about the
fireball, excited and anxious about tracking down the meteorite that he knew
was close-by.

Michael Farmer