[meteorite-list] Pasamonte stone! & FILMS

From: Walter Branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 3 23:13:22 2006

Hi Jeff and List,

Jeff, thanks very much for making these movies available for list (and non
list) members. Your video archives and Mark's text archives complement each
other very nicely.

I witnessed my first fireball a few days ago, on 12/22/05. I left work
early that day because I was sick. I was driving home about 4:00 p.m. It
was very sunny with only a few clouds. I happend to be approaching a bridge
over a river and about a mile of marshland and I saw it traveling from
roughly east to west, at a very steep angle. It was breaking up and
disentegrating and looked a lot like the peekskill videos on Jeff's site.
This was in broad daylight! It was amazing. After years of night-time
astronomical observations, during which I have seen many sporadic
meteorites, this was amazing. The illusion of closeness was very real. It
seemed as though I could have driven over the bridge and into the marsh
(with subsequent explanations to my wife) and there a meteorite would be -
right in the middle of the marsh!

I will never forget it. I hope to see one again.

-Walter Branch