[meteorite-list] [AD] Tucson Meteorite Auction 2006

From: rockgirl_at_twcny.rr.com <rockgirl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 5 16:43:17 2006

Dear Meteorite List Members,

In less than a month R. A. Langheinrich Meteorites and Lang's Fossils will
be open for business at the 2006 Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. Our annual
silent auction of rare and historic meteorites will once again take place
at the Westward Look Resort. Most of the lots on offer come directly from
the R.A. Langheinrich Meteorite Collection, and are truly world class
specimens.

42 lots are currently available viewing in our online catalog:

http://www.nyrockman.com/tucson-auction-2006.htm

Recent additions include:

- Nakhla, 6.0 grams with fusion crust and Humboldt University label
- Kunashak, Russian witnessed fall with exceptional 14 mm barred chondrule
- Allende, 1,667-gram crusted individual
- Campo del Cielo, amazing 5,174 gram "animal head" with natural hole
- NWA 2646, martian non-SNC, MAIN MASS 24.17 grams
- Zhovtnevyi, rare Russian witnessed fall 1938, 205-gram slice
- Kernouve, rare French witnessed fall, 1869
- Bur Gheluai, rare Somalian witnessed fall, 1919
- Dar al Gani 485, urelite, 235 grams MAIN MASS
- Murchison, amazing 36.5 perfect, oriented, 100% crusted stone
- Chantonnay, rare French witnessed fall, 1812 with multiple collection
labels!
- Faucett, Missouri, 1966, large individual with polished face, 6,055 grams

. . . and more.

PLEASE NOTE: By popular request the R.A. Langheinrich Meteorite Auction
will now take place at 2 pm on Saturday, February 4, 2006 at the Westward
Look Resort. Absentee bidders are welcome and there is NO BUYER'S PREMIUM.
For details, please visit our auction rules and absentee bidder information:

http://www.nyrockman.com/auction-2006/rules.htm

If you are planning on placing an absentee bid, it must be received NOT
LATER than Noon, on February 2, 2006. Bids received after that date will
not be entered in the auction.

Thanks for your interest, and see you in Tucson.

Sincerely,

Iris Lang
www.nyrockman.com
www.langsfossils.com