[meteorite-list] Rock in your Pocket?

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 9 11:57:34 2006

Funnily enough, on Friday I was attending my local Astronomy club and
afterwards we went and 'tested a local pub', during conversation the
subject of meteorites came up and one guy said 'the chance of being
struck my a meteorite is millions to one..' - I usually carry a fresh
NWA in my pocket so I carefully took it out of my pocket and dropped it
onto his hand! His stunned face was an absolute picture, it was worth
carrying a rock around just for that moment, simply priceless!!!

Best
Mark Ford