[meteorite-list] D'orbigny

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 13 18:31:08 2006

> Just wondering:
> I got myself a fragment of the D'orbigny (Angrite) and while surfing on
> the well known dealers websites i noticed some massive difference in
> prices.
> For example: One offers a 2,67 gram slice for $667 while another sells a
> 2,2 gram piece (crusted) for over $11.000!!!
> Is the huge difference in price just for the fusion crust?
>
> This is quite a dollar knocker!!

Hi
Meteorite price consist of few things.
-quality
-price of purchase or costs of find
-rarity (TKW)
-cut loses (if any) or preparation costs
-market trends
-DEALER CHOICE

And I think that the last one is the most importand at all.
If one dealer selling D'Orbigny for 250$/g then he is insane or this price
is good for him. If another one selling it for 5000$/g then he also have his
personal reasons. Maybe he buy it too expensive, or maybe his wife need new
BMW, or maybe in fact he don't want to sell this piece ? Maybe for one
dealer 250$/g is alot, and for another the same level is 5000$/g? Or maybe
the first dealer win in a lottery and now selling his stones for 1/10 to
have fun? Or the other dealer have only one purpose: sell this slice for
11000$ and he will be rich for rest of his life. Who knows.

And now, becouse You tell everyone how cheap is this one dealer, for sure he
will sell his specimens in 10seconds so for You left only specimens for
5000. ;-D

Small piece od irony

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com