[meteorite-list] NASA's Stardust

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 14 15:11:28 2006

Hi List,

This is a very interesting subject for me for several reasons. The number
one reason is that while Mike Farmer and I were doing a public talk at the
University of Washington, Dr. Don Brownlee, Stardust's principal
investigator was in attendance and asked us several questions demonstrating
an interest in what we had to say. He is among the nicest people you could
hope to meet and has a sincere interest in meteoritics. As a matter of fact,
micrometeorites carry his name, Brownlee Particles! We also met NASA's
Michael Zolenski, who flew out to present his findings on Tagish Lake,
attended dinner with us after the talks. Imagine Mike Farmer, Greg, and I
having a few brews with these world renown scientist including Dr. Tony
Irving who was in charge of putting together these presentations. It may
seem unlikely but we had some great conversations that I will never forget.
It is noteworthy to see how a common interest in meteorites can bridge the
gaps between collectors, dealers and scientists alike.

I will be up all night watching with anticipation the outcome of this
historic material return mission.

Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection