[meteorite-list] Man and Impact in the Americas

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 16 15:19:50 2006

Hello List,

It's my pleasure to let you know that (former) list member E.P. Grondine has
published a book entitled "Man and Impact in the Americas". You will find a
huge amount of information on 465 pages and I'm sure it will be appreciated
as an invaluable source of reference for those doing for example research on
Indian burial mounds (Hopewell Mounds => Brenham !).

Best wishes,

Bernd

ISBN 0-9776152-0-0
Table of contents:

Introduction

01. The problem defined
02. Getting to the crossings
03. The first peoples appear
04. The new peoples emerge
05. Copper trading giants
06. Comet Encke in the Mayan records
07. After the fire
08. The great Atlantic mega-tsunami
09. After the flood
10. The emergence of "Hopewell" societies
11. 536 CE and the end of the Hopewell
12. The Mississippians emerge
13. The Key Marco and Genessee impacts
14. The life of the Mississippians
15. The end of the Mississippians
16. The European arrival
17. Travel tips
18. The state of North American anthropology

To: Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
Cc: epgrondine_at_yahoo.com