[meteorite-list] Lunar/Meteorite Samples Stolen from Car in Virginia

From: Axel Emmermann <axel.emmermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 16 18:15:10 2006

plug him into the polygraph (BTW: is that Greek for "multiwriter"? ;-))))

When my car was stolen (from my driveway) in 1994, an agent of the insurance
company gave me a 3rd degree interrogation. When I left home and drove away
for work (in my rental) I saw him sneak out of his car and knock on my door.
Clearly he wanted to have a go at my wife and kids to trick them into saying
something that was not consistent with my story. I drove around the block
and went back in... just in time to see my wife pouring a glass of water in
his lap.
I dragged the guy out by his nose hairs and predicted his immediate future
in the "if then, else" tense. Got my money the next week, never saw the
weasel again.
Now, if insurance companies go that far for a car, what is our "victim" to
expect??? The rack? Thumbscrews?

Axel