[meteorite-list] Dronino Preservation

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 18 15:27:33 2006

> > Morasko can also be very, very prone to rusting. My
> > little piece from ...
> > looks jet-black as if HCL had been poured over a
> > lump of sugar :-(
>
> yes Morasko its a good meteorite for rust, but I have
> stop this with the Balistol

Its depends of where specimen was found (dry or wet area) and how it was
preserved after cutting.

I have 3kg endpiece of nantan and no rust.

My slices of dronino I have sell on ebay (from 5kg specimen) also are still
stable and I have them (last 3) in cold room, in open air and only with
layer of Balistol (with Morasko and Nantan together).
so I dont know what makes some specimens rust alot and other with only tiny
rust, becouse my pieces was not special in any way.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195