[meteorite-list] re: New Stardust Images / terrestrial

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 19 23:58:15 2006

> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:32:30 -0000, "mark ford" <markf_at_ssl.gb.com> wrote:
> Speaking of people in the room with the probe, there was a short piece on my local news last night
> about a South Carolina middle-school science teacher who had been one of 30-something people chosen
> to fly to Huston and see the Stardust probe "in person". There must have been some sort of
> essay-writing contest or something.

There's a Stardust Educator's Conference this week, and there are about 60 people in the group.
Today, they were given a tour of some of the laboratories at Johnson Space Center, including
the Genesis lab, the Lunar Rock viewing area, and an electron microsope where Everett Gibson
and some of his colleagues were analyzing ALH84001!

Ron Baalke