[meteorite-list] Arrgh! What they do to some meteorites....

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 21 10:45:21 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:05:51 +0100, Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_wanadoo.nl> wrote:

>Arghh!
>
>Is it just me, or are other people also considering this type of thing a
>dessecration of a meteorite:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/136-gram-Meteorite-Pallasite-S-medallion_W0QQitemZ6598303403QQcategoryZ3239QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

On a practical matter, HOW do you make a carving like that? What kinds of tools or equipment would
you use to cut holes out of a pallasite like that? Laser? Water-jet?

Interesting thing to create with it, though. I've wondered in the past if Brenham was what the
Superman creators had in mind when they came up with kryptonite-- both being green meteorites
raining down on Kansas.

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2005/05/kryptonite_handbook.jpg