[meteorite-list] Jailbird Harvey Award

From: McCartney Taylor <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 24 15:35:58 2006

As long as we are on the subject of a new Harvey Award, I'd like to
propose a Jailbird award. Many of us know the dangers of
Meteorite hunting, among them are the hazards of foolish and
contrite laws.

These laws have imprisioned quite a few meteorite hunters over the
years in many countries, including our beloved Bob Haag in
Argentina and recently our Russian comrades in Oman. So I
propose a new award for the meteorite collector/hunter who spends
time in the slammer on a meteorite-related cause.

Who seconds my proposal?

-mt

ps. YES on the Arnold/Mani proposal.
-- McCartneyTaylor,