[meteorite-list] Harvey Awards - New Category

From: christopher sharp <casper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 25 07:52:30 2006

YES from Pomona in Australia, good idea Greg.

Finding a meteorite like the new Brenham main mass probably represents the
dreams of a majority of the list members.

How about "Keeping the Dream Alive" as a category? (borrowed from a gravelly
voiced radio personality here in Aus, don't know where he got the idea from)

Truly is a remarkable achievement.

Chris Sharp

Greg Hupe ?criv?mes..

Dear List Members,

A month or two ago I posted to the list that I felt that Steve Arnold - IMB
and Phil Mani should be nominated for a Harvey Award for their Huge Brenham
Main Mass discovery and also Geoff Notkin for his tireless work on behalf of

the Hurricane Katrina Fund Raiser among other too-numerous to list
meteorite-related activities.

I know that Geoff and Steve originally set up the Harvey Awards where they
could not nominate themselves for an award. I would like all list members to

join me here on the list to nominate these fine gentleman for a Harvey Award

an encourage them to make a new category where they could receive an award
if enough of us voted "YES" to this. Maybe they could create a "People's
Choice" award or something along these lines.

Everyone in favor, send the list a resounding "YES" and lets acknowledge
their contributions and achievements in public.

Consider this my "YES" vote...

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection