[meteorite-list] AD: Piggyback & Undercut

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 25 08:50:32 2006

Hola list & those, who stayed home!

Remember the Canyon Diablo Cohenite Bomb?
http://www.spacerocksinc.com/Jan23.html

Very rare one finds so much cohenite worms and so nicely arranged in a
Canyon Diablo.
Look down to the left, there is a schreibersite inclusion too.
Interesting enough, despite the fine orientation of the cohenite worms, the
original Widmannstaetter pattern
(Thompson Structure) is dispunged.

In browsing the web, you'll find this fine explaining page:
http://home.earthlink.net/~capricorn89/rim.htm

Well, we asked our chunk, whether it is a RIM specimen, but it answered only
"carbonados are eating the Bohemians in their soup - can't you see, that
that is the very same stuff!".

Hence. We had sliced the whole specimen, where the Pic of the Day slice
stems from and we have left about 30 similar fullslices between 30 and
80grams,
which we could etch for you, if you're interested.

And as little consolation for those, who couldn't come to Tucson,
we thought to give the slices away not at 2$/g, but at 1.25$.

So if we should prepare for you a slice, just email and how many gram it
should approximately have.

Buckleboo!
Hulk&Martin
Huma meteorites