[meteorite-list] "Meteorite" for $7.1 billion per gram!

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 26 16:24:44 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Horejsi" <accretiondesk_at_gmail.com>
Someone check my math, but I figure that if the Stardust sample return
is priced per gram given a cost of $200,000,000 for 0.028g of material
(based upon the website, and might be rather generous), the price per
gram topped $7 billion!

$7,142,857,143/g to be exact. Think NASA accepts credit cards?

=======
Hmm, this looks like Nasa have too big budget. I only hope that this dust is
worth to spend that money. Think what could be done in Earth for that
ammount of money (except next War ofcourse).
Thousands of people die becouse have no food. Lets think about this when
next time we look on photo of microscopic grain in a gel :-|

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195