[meteorite-list] NWA 2995 - Mike and Jim's newest Lunar meteorite

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 28 16:53:05 2006

Ooops, I saw that I sent this earlier message to myself....:

Yes the pics remind me strong to 910 too.
The almost black matrix, the brecciation, the anorthites not with that
ivory luster, like they have in the more weathered Moons, but fresh like
white chalk! Yep, Dho 910 is a Moon for achromates. Black, white, grey - (I
call it Apollo style - if one remmebers the Apollo pics. The black sky, the
white spacesuits, the grey soil..).
A speciality of Dho 910 is, that it has a lot of vesicles and bubbles, also
quite large ones. The matrix is almost foamy. As it is so fresh, the
included gases were pumped out - let's see what the results will be.
How "bubbly" is yours?
Have you perhaps a pic of a cut surface for us?

Really stunning piece, must be a highlight of this year's Tucson!
Martin