[meteorite-list] Meteorite related things to do in California

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 1 21:03:37 2006

Hi Mike,

> I need to travel to Carlsbad at the end o July and will have a day
> or two free. Wondering if there are any museums, dealers or other
> meteorite things to do between LA and San Diego. Of course, I will
> also visit the caves and see the bats.

Are you sure you've got the right Carlsbad? Unless the caves
and bats of which you speak are made of Legos? ;-)

Lots of meteorites, of course, at UCLA in Westwood (though only a
fraction are on display). I'd suggest visiting the Griffith
Observatory, but I don't think they've reopened yet after major
renovations.

--Rob