WG: [meteorite-list] Question

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 2 20:11:26 2006

Hi Michael,

As to Allende,
a detailed report is:

Clark, Roy S. The Allende Mexico, Meteorite Shower. Smithsonian
Contributions to the Earth Sciences 1970

You find it even online here
http://www.sil.si.edu/smithsoniancontributions/EarthSciences/pdf/sces-0005.p
df

But takes a while for download (ca. 30MB)
Has also nice photos from the recovery of some pieces.

Page 15:
" NMNH 4015, 41 g and 39 g, in Cienega de Ceniceros
de Abajo.
These two specimens were both recovered within
the town, one on a rooftop and one from a patio.
They were purchased in June 1969"

Buckleboo!
Martininho

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----