[meteorite-list] asteroid flyby

From: Bob King <lakewind_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 3 03:33:35 2006

Just got done looking at the asteroid 2004 XP14 flyby with my daughter
before clouds moved in. At 2 a.m. CDT it was moving steadily through the
field of view in real time like a slow satellite. It was also fainter than
predicted -- closer to 12.5 mag. than 11. We were using a 10" telescope at
around 100x. Sure enjoyed the view. Fastest rock I've seen in a while.
Best wishes,
Bob