[meteorite-list] Costa Rican Meteorite Fun - Ad

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 10 23:39:58 2006

Dear List,

Kevin Kichinka tried to post this message to list but it did not work so he
asked if I would forward it for him.
Also, if you have any trouble reaching Kevin's new website
http://www.laq-costarica.com please try in a day or 2
as it's brand new and there is a possibility that your local ISP is not
updated yet. Thank you, Paul

From: Kevin Kichinka

Greetings from Nine Degrees North:

During the last three years, my time has been devoted to upgrading a
mansion in Costa Rica to be my home and to occasionally share with
others in a Bed and Breakfast environment.

Sadly, I haven't had much time to visit with all of you on this list
or to attend the Tucson show.

I did write a book (see www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com)
coincidentally reviewed by list member Mike Reynolds this month at
www.astronomy.com (use code UN6Q8A ). I am pleased that he concludes
that the work is "a must for every meteorite collectors' bookshelf".
If anyone here still doesn't have a copy, why not pick one up today?

But the project, "La Quintana de Costa Rica" is finally completed and
I am open for business. After three years and a quarter-million
dollars just in remodeling expense, the home I have created is
absolutely spectacular in every sense.

Before I begin promoting it to the general public, I would like to
return a little love to those who have supported my meteorite mania. I
am inviting my friends and acquaintances here on the meteorite list to
spend a night or two. Here's a special offer.

During the next six months (closed October 1- 21 and December 24 - Jan
2) email me for reservations and mention "meteorites" and I will allow
25% off of the room rate and of any package or "personal tour".

Great, but what does this have to do with meteorites? Everything! For
your nightly entertainment I have planned these programs:

1. "The Search for Bolivia's First Authenticated Meteorite" - We will
view a one hour tape distilled from about 40 hours of raw footage I
took on the expeditions I led there in 1999 and 2001. The team
recovered Sevaruyo H5 on the Altiplano at an altitude of over
4,000m/12,000', the highest meteorite recovery. Co-starring my great
friends Chuck Duey, Blake and Blaine Reed, with a cast of llamas,
alpacas and shamen and including moments of extreme mountaineering
adventure and tear-gassed revolution. This video has been shown to
many planetarium audiences during my invited presentations and has
been well-received.

2. "A Morning with the Meteorite Man, Robert Haag" - In the late 90's
in Tucson, I was Bob's guest and visited his vault for a chance to see
his incredible collection. My co-stars are Tim "The Meteorite Pusher"
and Cap't MBlood. Bob was the ever-gracious host and his usual
incomparable self. Thrills, laughs and awe will fill you during this
video presentation.

3. If time permits, we can check out a show from the History Channel I
have on DVD that covers the topic of meteorites and the threat they
pose. Most of the personalities we all know and love are featured, as
is footage of Peekskill and the atmosphere grazer seen over the
western USA.

And while we watch we can pass around a Sikhote-Alin with a natural
hole, the only meteorite I keep in this rather humid environment.

Costa Rica was my choice to reside in after having visited over forty
countries from Asia, Central and South America, Europe and the
Caribbean Islands. It is a truly spectacular destination with all the
things a nature boy like me needs to be happy. If erupting volcanoes,
deep and tranquil rain forest, rare and beautiful birds, endless
beaches of every color, populated by kind and friendly people are
requirements for your perfect vacation, please check out...

www.LaQ-CostaRica.com

...and Come on Down!

Kevin Kichinka
Tambor, Alajuela, Costa Rica