[meteorite-list] new isotopic results suggest new classifications for some meteorites

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 11 20:40:03 2006

--- David Weir <dgweir_at_earthlink.net> ha scritto:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metsoc2006/pdf/5288.pdf

> Interestingly, in the same abstract, results of new
> O-isotopic studies
> have determined that NWA 1054 is not an acapulcoite
> as it is presently
> classified, but is likely paired with the NWA
> winonaites
> (metachondrites), 725, 1052, 1058, and 1463 (most of
> which are also
> presently classified as acapulcoites). This isotopic
> data provides
> further confirmation of the mis-classification of
> all these meteorites
> as first brought to my attention by Stan Turecki.
> Good job Stan. Isn't
> the scientific method remarkable!

Oh my God, another change in my poor NWA 1054, this is
the III?...forst Winonaite, after Acapulcoite, now
Chondrite related to Winonaites....a chaos....but who
have study this material confirm its acapulcoites..

Matteo

M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2004_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.it