[meteorite-list] Adventura del Monte Meteorite (meteorwrong?)

From: Steve Schoner <schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 12 00:06:23 2006

Mark and all,

What is the story on this "meteorite."

Someone paid big bucks for it. Is it or is it not a meteorite.

Steve Schoner
AMS
IMCA #4470

-- "MARK BOSTICK" <thebigcollector_at_msn.com> wrote:
Hello Steve,

I haven't heard back on this yet. As soon as I do I will let you know.
 If
I do hear something soon, I will do a couple e-mails.

As I was saying, it does look like a meteorite. I just had/have
reservations in calling it a meteorite when I felt there were questions on
the item. Perhaps I was being a little cautions...but then again it
did go
over $12,000...and mostly I image due to my e-mails so I feel alright
playing the side of caution.

That H3.7 thin section I got from you a couple months ago looks great
under
my microscope. My newer camera doesn't like taking TS photos....but I
will
try to put that on my things to do list. In fact it is the best looking
amateur (meaning I do not think you purchased one of those $50,000 TS
machines) thin section I have seen.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com