[meteorite-list] AD: METEORITE CLASSIFICATION SERVICE

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 14 21:52:33 2006

Hello Stan and Jason,

Jason has eloquently convinced me that my virtually complete systematic
collection, which I have put together over the past 23 years, would be
better utilized for science by my selling it to SWMC. I presume that my
collection will be better accessible to scientific as well as public
interests through SWMC rather than by its continued exhibition on my
meteoritestudies.com website - along with those boring comments I keep
writing. Therefore, I will take offers from SWMC for its sale and
safe-keeping, forever guarding it against further destruction into tiny
bits. Although the level of scientific scrutiny that is undertaken today
is on the nanometer scale, I agree with Jason that these objects must be
kept intact at all costs. I will entertain offers from SWMC for my
entire collection, and I will go back to the study of plants. (serious
offers only please.)

Regards,
David