[meteorite-list] g'day meteorite

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 15 12:41:20 2006

Just another bit, from MetBase 7.1 (c) Joern Koblitz, about Mundrabilla 020:

"A single fusion crusted stone of about 60 grams was found by a "rabbit hunter" in the same area where the large masses of the Mundrabilla iron were found, perhaps 15 km N of the railway. The stone is informally known as G'Day. On the basis of the abundance of carbonaceous clasts, this meteorite is probably not paired with Mundrabilla 018 and is possibly paired with Old Homestead 001, J.N.Grossman, Met. Bull. 82, MAPS, 1998, 33, p.A221. Mineralogy and chemical composition of carbonaceous chondrite clasts, M.E.Zolensky et al., MAPS, 1996, 31, p.518."

The happy owner of an "Old Homestead 001" thin section from David New,

Alex
Berlin/Germany