[meteorite-list] Man in Norway 2 m from meteorite falling on Friday!

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 16 23:27:50 2006

Hi,

    The last of the four photos in this article is the
one you want when somebody says, "What's a
fresh fusion-crusted meteorite look like, anyway?"

    Unable to read Norwegian, but I'm guessing
that "formiddag" is etymologically equivalent to
"fore-mid-day" in English, meaning "in the morning."
It fell at 10 in the morning?

    From the metal roofing shown in this link you
provided,
<http://www.aftenposten.no/viten/article1389622.ece>
I would judge its speed to have been about 100-120
mph (or 160-200 kph), a good speed for tin rooves
or rocky soil, but not something you'd want to experience
personally, by which I mean, by striking your person!

Sterling K. Webb