[meteorite-list] Classification Q (MetSoc possibility)

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 17 12:56:34 2006

Hello Doug,

I just wanted to thank you for these contacts and will pursue them. I have sent an
initial pair of specimens to both the NH and US Geologic Survey for study and am
expecting their findings sometime this week, at least their early specific findings
anyway. I wanted a terrestrial report before moving on to the expected meteorwrong
report so have delayed contacting David or Brother Guy regarding sending them samples for
study.

I have, since beginning this quest, been gifted with slices of similar ringing stone that
structurally is strikingly similar, though their matrices range from pale grey to near
jet-black.

I will continue to keep you posted and thanks once again for offering me such perfect
contacts.

Very Best,

Gary