[meteorite-list] Driving a meteorite?

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 17 16:33:13 2006

--- Martin Horejsi <accretiondesk_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone else out there drives
> a meteorite
> vehicle. What I mean by that is that the name of
> your car/van/truck
> etc. is somehow related to meteorites.
>
> Personally,I have a Toyota Sienna which is named
> after the Italian
> town where a famous and historically significant
> meteorite fell in
> 1794.
>
> Any others? Just curious.
>
> Martin

No, but I'm hoping one day soon, one hits my beat up
wreck of a car and makes it worth something before it
rusts away to nothing. I'll also make the pieces of
the (Skoda) Felicia Meteorite available here first.

I did use it for a recent exhibition of Apollo samples

http://www.stornowaytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=2629&ArticleID=1467447

and I used her to cart them round so I do sometimes
call her my "LEM". I know it's silly.

Rob