[meteorite-list] Re:Comet hit Britain in mid sixth century, AD?

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 23 12:15:45 2006

Hi all -

Keys simply threw out the Javanese records, which
indicated the eruption occured in the 400's CE.

It appears the ensuing climate collapse led to an
outbreak of plague in Eastern Africa, which then
rapidly spread along Roman trading paths.

That seective depopulation accounts for the appearance
of the Angles in Britannia in 418 CE.

As always, what's needed here is more data, that from
the eruption zone, ice cores, and tree rings. Anybody
on the list got a couple of million dollars to spare?

Good Hunting -
EP

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb_at_sbcglobal.net>