[meteorite-list] Ad-Question CO3

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 26 20:15:35 2006

Hola list,

as the Norway-fall probably will be CO3 and weh ad also the fall weights of
the other carbonaceous discussed here on the list,
a question oppresses me.
Since many years I'm sitting on a slice of Kainsaz, which I want to get move
now.
Well Kainsaz costed in past on the dealers' pages usually 50-150$/g, until
the Russians made a few years ago their new finds.
You may will remember how, well shall I say, "optimistically" they
overestimated the absorption power of ebay, and cramed the US-ebay in a
short period with slices and cuts, so that the price soon dropped to a
ridiculous low level - much cheaper than any desert CO3.

A certain amount of that Kainsaz-orgy is still up for resale and several
dealers webpages, of course cheaper than in the pre-Russian times.
The new finds are internally weathered, no surprise after so many time in
the ground (remember the "Space van Gogh"-Kainsazes..).
My problem is, that my Kainsaz is fresh and unweathered.
It would be inaquedate to offer it at the price of the weathered one - on
the other hand, if I take a higher price, the collectors will moan about me
to be an extortioner,
so my question:

What would be a reasonable price for fresh Kainsaz??