[meteorite-list] [AD] Sale, Closing eBay Store, eBay Hijinks, etc.

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 29 23:43:59 2006

Dear Listees:

Greetings comrades. I found the discussion of eBay's shortcomings
interesting. Personally, I've never been a great fan of eBay, but I
appreciate that it works well for many of you. As one of my friends on
the List is fond of saying, "eBay will nickel-and-dime you to death"
and that is seeming like a very perceptive observation these days.

I opened an eBay store a few months ago as an experiment, to see how I
liked the interface. My conclusion is I don't like it, and I'm not
paying a 500% increase in listing fees to keep it open. Instead, I will
devote more time to my own website: http://www.aerolite.org

So, I'm closing my eBay store, due to the fee increase. I have some
nice smaller sculptural irons listed: Campo del Cielos and a few lovely
Sikhote-Alin individuals. If you see anything you like, take 25% off.
I'm shutting down on Monday, so don't dawdle. In fact, email me and
purchase directly -- outside of the store -- and you can have 30% off.
Yes, a blatant violation of eBay policy! Gee, maybe they'll shut my
store down : )

Here it is: http://stores.ebay.com/Aerolite-Meteorites-for-Sale

On my own site I have very recently added some beautiful Canyon Diablo
pendants, each one with a fine sculptural individual, and hand made by
a craftsman here in AZ:

http://www.aerolite.org/meteorite-jewelry.htm

. . . and some striking new Libyan Desert Glass specimens, backlit to
show their translucency:

http://www.aerolite.org/impactites.htm

New Canyon Diablos and Sikhotes in the Iron Meteorites Catalogue too:

http://www.aerolite.org/iron-meteorites.htm

In other news: we had a terrific rain storm, with 3 1/2 inches falling
this morning alone in Tucson. I had three temporary ponds in my garden.
I'd forgotten what standing water looks like!

[Please note: 30% off applies to eBay store items only]

Thanks for looking and best to all,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org