[meteorite-list] Re: Comet: Talking Points, #1

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 31 12:09:31 2006

Sterling K. Webb wrote:

> Marco says, "What we are talking about here is
> a significant flux of large meteoroids entering our
> atmosphere and creating airbursts (given the lack
> of impact craters), if this theory is correct."
> This, of course is exactly what I was NOT
> talking about, was in fact arguing against, but Marco
> pays very little (no) attention to what others are
> saying.
[and more blah blah]

I beg your pardon? We were distinctly discussing impact events as the cause of
an AD 540 tree-ring anomaly and 6th centrury social/ethnic change in Britain.

You then suddenly drag supernovae into it. Which I ignore because that was not
the point under discussion.

It is an old, cheap trick to change subject during a discussion.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek
Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)