[meteorite-list] Dear friends, I am back.

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 2 21:49:42 2006

Armando Afonso wrote:

>For unclarified reasons...I promise to behave properly, now. I >will absorb each insult and publicity of the predators, without >making waves....I have my helmet, too. Fire.

Hello Armando and kindly welcome back - you really never left, you know. ?Please leave your helmet and provocations to "Fire" in the trenches and study the list dynamics just a little bit as a nice peace offering. ?Anyone daring the list to "Fire" isn't a very good element I am sure you would agree:-) ?You'll find that we're a much nicer bunch on the whole than you have given us credit for, so no need to fan yesterday's flames unless you feel like you have the right to make life miserable for many nice people who ask "Vat ist dis?" when reading some of the valueless banter. ?Really, I don't think anyone is really looking to fight with you or anyone else so you can leave the war toys with the toy soldiers, etc. in the war-chest. ?There is a lot of expertise here and even if some of us are mocosos, not editing out insensitive remarks amounts to trolling and seeking a fight - ?the bane of all discussion groups. ?Please don't teeter on being one and by that contribute to the degradation of the quality of the lis
t and denigration of 600 innocent people deeply dedicated to meteorites, mostly a quite mature crowd, believe it or not. ?Let me extend my personal cautious but friendly welcome to the group as it is a great pleasure to have some diversity from Portugal and that I really mean! ?What was that about a 1 kilogram Oriuque (sp?) meteorite you had in your collection? ?Is that something you could kindly talk about? ?You know, all we know is what we read, and I bet you could do a great service to tell us more about the circumstances that fall in your fantastic country without even referencing what we already have heard too many times!

Saludos, Doug
Mexico