AW: [meteorite-list] Dhofar vs. NWA meteorites

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 9 00:07:12 2006

Bob

I've bought a couple of kilos of unclassifed NWAs to
use as giveaways and to practice cleaning up, cutting
and polishing.
I have noticed that quite a substantial proportion of
the ones I've opened up DO have weathered interiors
and fine shock veins. As a guess I'd say 20-30%. I'd
need to check to be more accurate than that.
I realise I'm only looking at a small sample and am
describing the interiors of less than 50 small
individual rocks but I can assure you it does occur.
It depends on how representative my samples are and
the quantitative definition of "many" vs "few".

Regards Rob

--- "lakewind_at_infionline.net"