[meteorite-list] Norway Meteorite Impact Site Believed to be Found

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 12 18:12:04 2006

This is ludicrous! The photo shows a simple rock fall on the side of a
mountain. There is nothing to suggest a meteorite impacted at that spot.
These people obviously know nothing about meteorites, like most astronomers.

I mean, the one guy said it was "Atomic bomb" size, yet the suspected impact
site is about 5 feet across! Then the other scientist says that the first
exaggerated too much, then says that it was a 12 kilogram stone that fell. I
wonder just how he picked the 12 kilo number. It is clear that a meteorite
fell somewhere in the north of Norway, but that is about the extent of it
until actual pieces are found.
Mike Farmer