[meteorite-list] URL Issue and Verbage Problem

From: David & Kitt Deyarmin <bobadebt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jun 17 08:09:34 2006

Last night I sent out the following email via the list:

I just created a simple webpage to show case my small but growing
collection, you can visit it by clicking this:

http://home.ec.rr.com/bobadebt/Meteorite Collection.htm

I would appreciate any comments you have and if you a slice for sale that
might work for my odd collection send me some info and a picture

I received it about 5 minutes later so I knew that I had had made it out to
the list (a lot of my emails bounce)

Then a few minutes later someone emailed me to let me know the URL was not
working, I figured the space in the URL which most server programs replace
with a % was the problem so I shortened the URL and removed the space.

Then I sent a new email via the list explaining the problem but foe some
reason it did not make it through.

Many people emailed me to explain that my original URL was not working and I
sent the following reply:

I know, I guess the "list" couldn't deal with the space

I sent out a new email but it hasn't posted yet.

I changed the URL to: http://home.ec.rr.com/bobadebt/50mil.htm

Thanks

Apparently I may have inadvertently offend some people.

By "list" I was referring to the List Server Software that screens all
emails, I was not referring to the people that use the list.

I'm sorry if it came across like that.

If you would like to check out my webpage the "50mil" URL should work.

Thanks