[meteorite-list] Wall street journal...

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 18 15:56:41 2006

Hi,
My Dad (who lives 1/2 the year in Florida to escape our dour winters) sent
me a cutting from the Wall Street Journal dated 13 May 2006 - with a small
article on meteorites and the prices that some specimens (and pics) that
were sold at auctions recently.

Most notable for me was the 11g Esquel slice that sold for, wait for it,
$165,000, with the sale being attributed to Mile High Meteorites, also
mentioned was Bonham's NY sale of a campo of unspecified weight for $91,375.

I don't know if any of you get the Wall Street Journal or not, I cannot
access it online unless I subscribe, which I ain't going to!
I do find it almost impossible to believe that 11g of Esquel could go for
that much, but if anyone's interested I've a 146g slice that they can have
for $5million!!

Is this just very bad journalism or a typo? Anyone know the story here?

Thanks!

dave
IMCA #0092
Sec. BIMS