[meteorite-list] Loud Blast, Red Streaks in Sky Over Ohio

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 21 00:52:47 2006

Hi all -

I think that the SW3 bolides have had a green tinge to
them so far.

Motion appears to have been from Cleveland, to
Pittsburgh, to Philadelphia, to Dover, Delaware. West
to East. Looks like orbital debris, offhand. SW3 frags
so far have travelled mainly from South to North.

On the other hand, it did detonate with a blue light,
which is unusual for orbital junk. A residual fuel
explosion? North Korea's satellite?

Now why couldn't this thing just have detonated dead
over say Philadelphia? Sure, we get a 300 ton blast,
but its in the middle of subartic Norway.

Oh well, this should be good for getting some radio
air time to sell some books anyhow.

all the best,
Ed