[meteorite-list] Tunguska wood

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 21 16:02:53 2006

So... I got my Tunguska wood yesterday

I am very pleased with the sample I must say - and when I counted the rings
- it was correct!
This is something I remember being told about since I was a little 'un. As
it happened in 1908 - they couldn't blame nukes - but just imagine the
consequences of it happening 4 hours later over the eastern seaboard of the
USA....

Fantastic - a piece of "Ripley's Believe it or not" coming true!

And Matteo,
Yep, I guess one has to ask the Uni of Bologna very nicely!

Thanks for your indulgence in letting me boast about my new acquisition!

Dave
IMCA #0092
Sec. BIMS
www.bimsociety.org