[meteorite-list] Haviland Plans First Meteorite Festival

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 22 09:57:46 2006

Thanks Ron and list,

re: http://www.pratttribune.com/articles/2006/06/21/news/03_meteorite.txt

In the post you might note that the town has named the Meteorite Festival
(assuming the writer didn't misunderstand what they wrote): "Ab Astra: From
the Stars."

A fitting name taken from the Kansas motto, which is "Ad astra per aspera"
and means "To the stars through difficulties."

Steve Arnold, of the "Arnold Meteorite" signed several postcards at the
Tucson show with like inscriptions.

I heard another town, someplace in Michigan if I remember correct, is going
to have a meteorite day on July 8th as well. The children's book writer you
might remember that thinks her grandparents saw a meteorife. This
"meteorite", which was identified as granite, and is now a tombstone. Some
of you might recall I offered her a meteorite, as she goes around to
children groups and hands around the stone so people can feel the stars, but
never got an answer. I have not been able to confirm this.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com