[meteorite-list] Armanty?

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 22 17:10:06 2006

Hi Martin

I have two images of the Armanty mass on my largest meteorites page
http://jensenmeteorites.com/largestmeteorites.htm
(see #4)

Unfortunately they are both from the side and don't show the mass as clearly as the image you have does. I looked for some better images but all if found were the same images that were probably "borrowed" from my site.

I also followed the url backwards and found this caption under the image from the web page it is on;

Meteorite

This is the world's 3rd largest meteorite ever found in one piece. You would be happy about this one falling thru the roof of your house. Just a shame about the grafitti on it.

Actually it is the world's 4th largest meteorite.

Since it is grouped with images from the city of Urumqi it has to be Armanty. I'm going to see if I can email them for permission to add it to my page.

If anyone else has photos they took of any of the meteorites on the page I would love to add them to my site.

Mike
--
Mike Jensen
Jensen Meteorites