[meteorite-list] Sikhote-alin question

From: star-bits_at_comcast.net <star-bits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 27 12:59:49 2006

Greetings

     Last night I listed a bunch of auctions one of which was a Sikhote-alin with a 2.5x2 cm circular feature in it. It is kind of like what you would expect of a large troilite except the surface (about 1-2mm lower than the surrounding surface) appears to be solid metal like the schrapnel.

    This morning I had an email from someone who said he had a piece with the same feature and was wondering what it was. Anyone want to take a stab at what it might be. I have no good explanations. Here is a link to the auction.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3239&item=230002162891>

--
Eric Olson
http://www.star-bits.com