[meteorite-list] Fraudulent Trade

From: Mike Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 27 15:42:50 2006

Dear Michael Blood,

I couldn't disagree with you more on this issue.

When transactions take place between members of the meteorite
community there is a high degree of mutual trust involved.
I trust the people I'm dealing with because I'm sure that the vast
majority of them are intrinsically honest persons.

I also trust members of the meteorite community I've NEVER DEALT WITH
BEFORE, because the meteorite community is very small and I know that
a dishonest person would not last long, because in a small community,
bad news travels fast.

I think McCartney Taylor did the right thing to bring this to a
public forum because:

1) It gives all of us a heads up about a possible rotten apple in our
midst.
2) It gives the other party a chance to state his case and correct
the facts, or pay up as the case may be.

I think this is much better than a bunch of private emails where the
"accused" has no chance to respond, or even know he is being besmirched.

My future trust in members of the meteorite community would be
considerably reduced if I thought that cooks would not be exposed
publicly.

Sincerely,

Mike Fowler