[meteorite-list] AD - Microporphyry Ending Today and Other Great Deals

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 28 03:56:17 2006

Dear List Members,

Later today my exceptionally rare Microporphyry, NWA 2981, offering is
ending under my eBay seller name, NaturesVault. I started it at just 99
cents and it is currently at a VERY low price. It is a new meteorite which
has been classified by Dr. Ted Bunch of NAU as a "Microporphyry". Basically
it is an extremely rare L chondrite microporphyry impact melt meteorite that
is assumed to have been ejected from its parent body during an impact event.
These are typically found as clasts in ordinary chondrites and is very rare
to have one as an individual meteorite as is NWA 2981. It was a mere 19
grams in a single complete, mostly crusted stone. After cutting it for the
type sample and polishing the cut face, the main mass is now just 13.9 grams
and represents the only specimen available to collectors.

Here is the direct link to this amazing offering:
NWA 2981 Microporphyry Meteorite 13.9 gram Main Mass
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638915585&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Here are some more large and interesting meteorites including an excellent
example of "Slickensides":

NWA 2917 LL4 527 grams with SLICKENSIDES (both parts fit together with
opposing slickensided faces)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638932994&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 998 Fragment 458mg (started at just 99 cents!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638917061&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 1877 Olivine Diogenite Fragment 2.958g
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638918719&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 2921 R3.8 Individual 44.4g (mostly crusted)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638923953&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 3118 CV3 6.6g with Large CAI on outside
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638925777&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 3140 Primitive Ureilite 6g Part Slice (Largest available)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638927165&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
ORIENTED 279g Shield-Type unclassified meteorite
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638933766&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

These are just a few examples of the auctions I currently have to offer,
most have started at just 99 cents. I also have a number of unclassified
Saharan meteorites running, most still at just 99 cents!!

To see these and all that I currently have available, click on one of the
above links and then click on "View seller's other items". That, or go to
eBay and search for items by seller, NaturesVault.

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)