[meteorite-list] Experiment Update #1

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Mar 2 00:55:45 2006

About 10 days ago I dunked my poor Fredericksburg in what I hoped would be a
rust removal bath of half Liquid Drano and half anhydrous alcohol. Since
then, I have swirled it about at least once a day, and some of the rust has
come off, but not all. The bath is lightly tinged with brown and there is a
fine peppering of rust flakes on the bottom of the glass jar. I will give
it another week or so, but if there is not a significant change in the
quantity of rust in suspension rather than on my meteorite, Freddy will be
taken out of the bath and more old fashioned methods of getting rid of rust
will be regretfully employed.

Watch this space for more fast-breaking news!
Tracy Latimer