[meteorite-list] WANTED: 'Giveaways' for school students

From: Matthew Smith <matt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Mar 5 03:36:51 2006

Hi list...

I posted a similar request directly to three list members last Monday,
but only one has gotten back to me so far (thanks Dean!). I'm a
secondary school Science teacher in the UK. I've been asked to plan a
day of space related activities for a small group of our 'gifted and
talented' students.

I intend to spend the afternoon discussing and looking at meteorites and
  (as several other list members have done) would like to have small
(maybe 30-40g) stones to give to each student. Dean is happy to supply
unclassified material, but I wonder if any other list members have
enough similarly sized NWA869 stones available? I'm after approximately
20 stones in the 30-40g range. If you have, please feel free to contact
me with a cost including UK shipping. Other affordable (i.e. cheap!)
suggestions would be considered.

Thanks also to all the contributors to the recent thread on meteorite
presentations, some great ideas in there that I will be using!

Thanks,

Matt.