[meteorite-list] Michael Blood's Meteorite Market Trends

From: Michael Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Mar 5 23:02:55 2006

--Since The Tucson Gem & Mineral Show is the most
--significant single event yearly influencing the meteorite
--market, as usual, I will devote the March article to
--reporting on same.

I was very disappointed that Michael Bloods always entertaining, and usually informative column gave a report of
the Tuscon show without a single word, not even a hint as, to the trend of the meteorite market.

Was the show well attended? More or less than past years?
Were the auctions well bid? More or less than past years?
Were certain meteorite types hot this year? If so which ones?
Were some meteorite types over supplied this year with little demand? If so which ones?
Has the meteorite market general began to recover from it's depressed state of the last several years?

Shouldn't some or all of these developments be discernible by an astute observer at the USA's largest
gathering of Meteorite People?

Is there any reason why this information should be kept from the rest of us?

Is any one else as disappointed as I am?

Mike Fowler
Chicago
ebay-starsandrocks