[meteorite-list] Monze Meteorite: Behind the Scene Notes

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 6 00:57:40 2006

Hello list,

I have recently communicated with Michael Lambert, son of Hugh Henry John
Lambert, who wrote "The Monze Meteorite" published in The Northern Rhodesia
Journal, Volume I - No. 4 - 1951.

You may have seen my Monze webpage, or remember when Doug kindly posted it.
It quotes, , several testimonies of the Monze meteorite fall, and shows my
somewhat modest specimen. The testimonies were collected by Hugh Henry John
Lambert.

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colmonze.html

Slight editing has been done, but it is pretty much complete as I received
it. I am writing the mother, who is still alive, to see if she has any
other insight she might add.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com

Dear Mark

Monze Meteorite: - My late farther Hugh Henry John Lambert was a hydro
geologist who lived and worked for the foreign office in Monze with his
young family his wife Joan and my brother John and sister Jill, I did not
come along till February 14 1952, born 4.20 in the morning some coincidence.
My farther saw the meteorite and asked to take time of to collect fragments
and document the event. He was not allowed time of till some big wigs came
down from Lusaka and said that the King was interested and that he could
have as much time of as he liked. The largest piece was given to the King
and was on his desk at Buckingham Palace and this was also the desk the
Queen used to give her Xmas day message from, I believe it is still there.
Other fragments sent to The British Museum, a piece after a little was
chipped of for analysis was returned to farther. He wrote a report and sent
it to the British Museum which I assume they still have.

Michael Lambert