[meteorite-list] Red Rain From Comets?

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 6 06:03:05 2006

Hi Sterling and list,

After a rather long ponder after reading,..........

I look at the elemental composition, I see the possible component ratios of
a particular type of star.
Something that perhaps blew itself to pieces, perhaps the composition
relates to a particular layer in that star.
Anyway, the cometary fragment that may have caused the red rain, could have
been a bit of a fluffy comet that

originated as a supernovas bones. If the the material has a quasi
crystalline, glass structure this may be due to the

sudden vapourisation of the original material when it hit the Earth's
atmoshphere at breakneck speed, plasmafying the

material almost. Miniature cometary tektites. The weird cellular structure
with the dimple may be due to the mini

blobs contraction on cooling. The near clear red tinge, is what I would
expect any vitreous material containing a

trace of Iron to be.

And along those lines, a bit further off the beaten track. How about
Pallasites being Star bones from a supernova as

well. Not all, maybe some are sourced from a transition layer between
Metallic cores and stoney crusts on planetary

bodies, maybe some are sourced from supernova detonations. When some stars
die, The main elements that are heavy that

are present are Iron, Silicon, Oxygen. Pallasites are Iron with Iron
silcates.

I would also like to check the NOAA and GOES weather satellite data for
India's weather patterns for the period of

time in question. Two months is a fair while for the event to occur in the
area, although I am certainly aware that

tropical systems can stick to you like Sh*t to a blanket.

I am also a confirmed believer in ET life, and I have NOOOOO problem in
coming to terms with biological material

being blasted across the universe. If there are bits of Moon, Mars, Venus
and other bodies on Earth then there are

bits of Earth on them also, and the other bodies in the Solar system.
Stromatolites have been around for a long time,

did their seeds land on Europa ? What did they evolve into ?

Ahhhaaa, would you like to see another space bio mystery, have a look at my
webpage, a third of the way down, there

is an image on a sample of the skin of the LDEF (Long Duration Exposure
Facility) spacecraft that spent many years in

orbit, what is that fungus growing on it ?

A list member has also informed me of difficulty in downloading the SOHO
video I posted today. Can someone please let

us know if they had success, or also suffered a failure. It works OK on both
my machines. For anyone that missed it,

the video link under the blue sun image at this URL...

http://www.qsl.net/vk3ukf/index.html

Cheers, very, very interesting.

Kevin Forbes, VK3UKF.